Friday, January 6, 2017

So I tried out the new Green Giant Riced Veggies...

When I saw the commercial for this product, I just want you to know I was really excited.  I've been wanting to try riced cauliflower for some time but I didn't want to go through the headache of doing it myself.  Too much work and not enough time.  This product is part of a new line of Green Giant veggie options found in the freezer section.

I like the fact it was in a microwave steamable bag.  If you wanted to prep the whole bag to use a part of a dish, it's an easy addition to a meal.  I decided to try it with my stirfry I previously made and had stored in the freezer.  The stirfry was chicken, mushroom, and broccoli.

I took a portion of the cauliflower out and steamed in a separate steamer bag. Before steaming, I added salt, pepper, garlic powder, and sesame oil.  I microwaved it for a minute and a half.  I didn't want to overcook it because I was adding it to a hot dish that would be reheated on my lunch break.

My verdict - this was really great!  The cauliflower had a nice texture of rice with this dish.  Because the cauliflower didn't have much of its own flavor, it absorbed the flavor of this dish nicely.  I felt like I was eating rice with this dish.  This product will remain in my freezer.  The next trial will be with red beans.

*Green Giant did not provide me with this product nor did they purchase it. They also did not provide any product for this review.  I saw the commercial and wanted to try it for myself.  So I did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment