Monday, November 12, 2012

The Hardest Conversation Ever. #NHBPM

First of all, I am woefully behind, but in my defense, I have been sick and with the holidays coming up, school has also been super busy.  The prompt today is about a conversation with your doctor.  Several come to mind but the biggest one is the "Lose weight or die" conversation.  Hearing your options laid out in black and white makes the whole thing crystal clear.  I know she wasn't doing it to scare me (maybe she was) but I needed to hear it like that.  I was in total denial about how much I weighed and how much of an effect it was having on my physical and mental life.  That no nonsense conversation saved my life because, even through the tears, I knew she was absolutely right.  Now down 185 pounds, I see what I was missing and even though I haven't hit goal yet, my life is better because I feel better.

SMOOCHES

No comments:

Post a Comment