Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thankful and Blessed. #NHBPM





I am so woefully behind so I'm just picking and choosing in the spirit of NHBPM.  Real life has a way of changing the best laid plans but this time I can say this life event made me realize how blessed and highly favored my family is.

My niece was hit by a school bus on Friday, November 16.  She lost her left foot as a result but we didn't lose HER.  She is only four but she has become the center of so many people's lives.  Her resilience and the bouncing back she has done shows us that no situation should define us and we have to face life head on.  She is smiling and laughing and playing and it really makes you wonder if the trivial things we worry about are really important.  Sometimes it takes a tragedy to make you understand your priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment