Thursday, January 12, 2012

I'm Ready For Lunch!

I wish I had a good picture of my lunch but I forgot to take one.   I know it's early and I'm going to heat up the rest of my breakfast (protein shake down and a bowl of grits), but I'm so excited about my lunch!  I made of pork stir-fry at home.  It was easier than I thought and I gave myself a fist-pump! (Chinese take-out, take that!)  Super easy and I wanted to share before my day steamrolled away.

My Versatile Stir-Fry

2 cloves minced garlic
2 tablespoons chopped onions
1 cup frozen stir fry veggies (mine had mushrooms, green beans, carrots, broccoli, snow peas, and onions)
Salt-free seasoning
Pepper
Garlic Powder
3 Tablespoons Water
Soy Sauce (Be careful about the amount you add, Soy Sauce is salty!  I used Kikoman)

Spray a cooking pan over medium heat liberally with non-stick cooking spray.  Add garlic and onions.  Stir and cook until soft.  Add veggies and seasonings to taste.  Allow to cook and slightly brown the veggies.  Add water and soy sauce and continue to cook until veggies are tender. 

At this point, if you choose, you can add already cooked meat or leave it as a veggie dish.  I had leftover grilled pork chop which I cubed and tossed in the mix.  This is great way to use that leftover protein (meat or tofu) and those of us who have had RNY need all the protein hits we can get.

Give it a shot and enjoy!

SMOOCHES!

No comments:

Post a Comment