Sunday, January 8, 2012

I Haz Chips!


I made my own tortilla-style chips!  I'm pretty stoked by it!  I still have serious chip cravings so I had to  figure out SOMETHING to help deal.  Here is the recipe:

1 Low-Carb Tortilla (I used Wrap-itz by Tam-x-ico's)
1 tablespoon salt-free seasoning (the house seasoning)
A pinch of cayenne pepper (use more if you like it really hot)
A pinch of garlic powder

  • Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees. 
  • Cut the tortilla into 12 triangles. You can make them smaller or larger if you wish.
  • Combine the spices and salt-free seasonings in a bowl and set aside.
  • Spray the cooking pan with non-stick spray and place the tortilla in a single layer.
  • Spray the tortilla lightly with the non-stick spray and sprinkle with the seasonings.
  • Bake in the oven for 12 - 15 minutes, keeping a close eye on the chips.
  • Cut the oven off and allow them to remain until cool.  Remove and store in an airtight container.

1 tortilla is 90 calories, 5 grams net carbs, 5 grams of protein and it made 12 chips!  That's nice!  Served with salsa (10 calories per serving), it's a nice snack to take place of the calorie laden chips I was craving! They are not as crispy as fried chips but they do have a nice crunch and it's up to you how dark you like your chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment