I made my own tortilla-style chips! I'm pretty stoked by it! I still have serious chip cravings so I had to figure out SOMETHING to help deal. Here is the recipe:
1 Low-Carb Tortilla (I used Wrap-itz by Tam-x-ico's)
1 tablespoon salt-free seasoning (the house seasoning)
A pinch of cayenne pepper (use more if you like it really hot)
A pinch of garlic powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Cut the tortilla into 12 triangles. You can make them smaller or larger if you wish.
- Combine the spices and salt-free seasonings in a bowl and set aside.
- Spray the cooking pan with non-stick spray and place the tortilla in a single layer.
- Spray the tortilla lightly with the non-stick spray and sprinkle with the seasonings.
- Bake in the oven for 12 - 15 minutes, keeping a close eye on the chips.
- Cut the oven off and allow them to remain until cool. Remove and store in an airtight container.
1 tortilla is 90 calories, 5 grams net carbs, 5 grams of protein and it made 12 chips! That's nice! Served with salsa (10 calories per serving), it's a nice snack to take place of the calorie laden chips I was craving! They are not as crispy as fried chips but they do have a nice crunch and it's up to you how dark you like your chips.