Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Blog Post -6 Months Out and My Mantra For The New Year


First thing, my 6 month check up went great.  I'm down another 30 pounds for a grand total of 138 pounds lost!  I'm stoked, of course.  I know this #WLS tool is one of the best things I've could have done for myself.  I just thank God it was made available for me.  I know there is still more work ahead but I am determined to maintain the course.
 For Christmas, I got a bike!  I totally love it!  It's so old-school. LOL  I think I had one like it growing up and I feel like it's totally appropriate to start my fitness quest off with!  I will be sharing the details but I hope they won't be too embarrassing! LOL


The photo above is the message I vow to keep in my mind, not only for the New Year, but for all time.  It's easy to allow others determine your destiny but real strength come from realizing your own potential and doing what needs to be done to reach it.  My promise to myself is to reach out and touch my faith.  Along the way, I got lost but if this year has shown me anything, it's the fact that I can go through the fire and with prayer and a good support system, I can come out on the other side. 

This is a process of finding myself and I am learning so many things about me and about others around me.  I'm learning who is really there for me and I'm also seeing who is not good for me.  2012 will be my year to focus on what's good for me!  It's a process that started in 2011 but it will continue into the new year.  There are no resolutions for me because my life will always be a work in progress and it changes daily.  I just strive to be a better me!

No comments:

Post a Comment