Sunday, November 13, 2011

Medical ID Bracelet - Fashion Accessory and Lifesaver

I've been fortunate in the past that with my morbid obesity, the only thing that was seriously wrong with me was the fact that I had high blood pressure.  Even with that condition, I never gave a thought to a medical ID bracelet.  Don't get me wrong, I've seen them.  My mother wears a cute anklet to let the health care system know about her diabetes.  To be honest, I never really thought I needed one.

Enter gastric bypass surgery.  Suddenly, the game has changed.  My guts have been rearranged and from the outside, I realize, no one would even know.  In the back of my mind, I keep thinking that I could just tell doctors about the surgery if I need to or my husband could if I couldn't. 

But...

What if I was incapacitated and couldn't tell anyone?

What if my husband wasn't there to tell the doctors or was in a panic and forgot to mention it?

So this means you can see where this is going?

A blog that I follow - The World According To Eggface - has shown a wonderful thing, not just for WLS patients but for anyone who has a medical condition and wants a beautiful way to display a lifesaving tool.  Lauren's Hope is a wonderful site that sells stylish medical alert bracelets for men, women and children.  I entered a contest at Eggface's blog to try and win one, but to be honest, if I don't win, I'm still getting one.  I really think everyone who has a loved one with a medical condition should check the site out.

It's really weird to me that it took surgery for me to think more about my health but with this second chance to live a more vibrant life, I plan on doing everything I can to make sure that happens!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, a medical ID bracelet can be used as a normal bracelet,even these type of bracelet also looks trendy. But a proper size of bracelet should be wear in the wrist of person with any type of serious health problem.

    medical alert jewelry

    ReplyDelete