Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The First Thanksgiving - Post-Op Edition #wls




It's the night before Thanksgiving and I'll admit, I'm nervous.  This is the first post-op major holiday and frankly, I wonder how will I handle it.  This is the time of multiple family home visits and the "food pushing".  You know what I mean, 

"Taste this, try this, just a little won't hurt."

I think some people understand I had the surgery but I don't think they really get it.  I suppose I should just carry a list of rules with me.  It can look something like this:
  1. I can't eat as much as I used to.  Please don't be offended by my small portion size.
  2. I can't eat sweets, mainly by choice, but I still choose not to tempt fate and discover what can push me over the edge and have me in serious pain.
  3. There are some things that just don't appeal to me any more.  It's not that I don't like aunt em's sweet potato casserole but the idea of makes me what to hurl.  
  4. I am learning to enjoy just being with my family and not just eating.  Why don't we just talk?
  5. Speaking of talking, can we NOT let the whole focus be on my weight loss, the surgery or any other questions I don't feel comfortable sharing with you?  This includes how much do I weight now, what did I weight before the surgery, and did you really need to have the surgery.
I really think I'll be OK tomorrow.  My rock (Hubby) will be with me and he'll help me keep the temper under control.  I'll be on tomorrow reporting what actually happened.

SMOOCHES

No comments:

Post a Comment