Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Blue Jeans #WLS

Blue Jeans...

As any woman can tell you, they are the bane of our existence.  We love blue jeans and when you find a pair that fits, you have found a good thing!  Blue jeans can be dressed up or dressed down.  They can go almost anywhere and look stylish and chic.

Blue Jeans...

They are also the biggest barometer of weight.  Blue jeans (not the spandex embedded ones but pure denim) have no forgiveness.  Often, the first indicator of weight gain is the fact that our jeans won't fit!  Once weight gain begins, the blue jeans are often the first thing to go, replaced by soft, stretchy, more forgiving pants.  We mourn the loss of our blue jeans.  It's like losing a best friend.

Yesterday, I started my Christmas shopping.  Since my wedding anniversary is Sunday (12 years!), I also got some anniversary funds.  Since I'm dropping pounds, I wanted to add a few pieces to my wardrobe.  I found some lovely skirts (in a smaller size of course! :D) and on a whim, I decided to take a pair of jeans in the dressing room too.

Keep in mind, I haven't worn jeans literally in years.  Image my shock and glee as I pulled these jeans on and they fit!  They went over the thighs, buttoned up and fit!  I could have cried but instead, I ran out the dressing room to show my hubby my accomplishment.  I think I've spent the rest of the day on Cloud 50!

A lot of times, on those rough days, it's hard to remember why I CHOSE to have this surgery.  Yesterday was a reminder why.  Yes, health plays a big role in my choice but the simple pleasure of pulling on a pair of blue jeans is pretty amazing too!

No comments:

Post a Comment