Friday, August 12, 2011

The Changes I've Been Going Through - 6 Weeks Out

I had my 6 week check up yesterday and it went good.  12 more pounds are gone (total 84) and the doctor says I'm right on track.  School has also started and I'm whipped already!  The tiredness is normal because my body is still adjusting but it's so hard to keep going sometimes!  Now refering back to the title, here are some of the new things that are going on:

  • I didn't realize that people paid that much attention to me.  Since I've been at work, so many have commented on the weight loss so far.  It's ego-boosting and nervewracking at the same time.  I don't know how I feel about that yet.
  • Figuring out what I can and can't eat.  It has been trial and error.  So far I haven't had any major reactions to most things I've tried and I hope that holds out.  I'm having a major love affair with peaches and plums right now.  Watermelon is also the most wonderful thing!
  • I wonder how I'll do with salad?  Some post-ops have issue with them.  I'm hoping I'm one of the ones who don't.  I've been having MAJOR salad cravings.
  • I suppose the biggest change is getting used to seeing myself differently.  For a while, I wasn't seeing what everyone else was seeing.  My snapshot of me in my head is different than what is presented to the world.  It's taking time for me to druly look in the mirrror and really see myself in the proper perspective.  It's liberating and intimitating in one big ball!
So I hope everyone is doing great.  Since I've recovered, I know I'll be here more often, sharing what's going one.  Until next post!

SMOOCHES

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, girl! I'm so very proud of you for all that you've accomplished and have yet to accomplish. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete