Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sharing is Caring...Sometimes

Today is a beautiful spring day and as I get closer to a surgery date, I can't help but think about the things I want to do as the weight leaves. I look at the people I have confided in on my journey so far and I'm learning that everyone can't handle the mental and emotional changes that are taking place with me.

Don't get me wrong. They have been there, backing me up but as I begin to deal with the emotions that I previously dealt with through food and the realization that my eating has to change to save MY LIFE, I'm forcing some close friends to confront their own issues with food. One thing that bound us together was a love of food and as my relationship with it changes, I know my relationship with them will change also. I'm so afraid of losing people I treasure but the me at the start of this was not happy. I can no longer sacrifice me to make others happy.

I still have my personal cheerleader (thanks, Alicia!). I have the friend that's working on the work and I can just text or email and bitch it out! (Thanks, Liz!) and my loving hubby who understands the mental breakdowns and helps me navigate the straight and narrow (Thanks, Rochay!) and a mommy who serves as the voice of reason when I reach the breaking point.

As for the others, we'll see how it goes! I would say "Please don't change!" but change is inevitable.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

3 comments:

  1. Girl, there is no reason why any relationship should have to change because you have decided you want to do better for you. A true friend is gonna stick by you no matter what and will support you in EVERYTHING that you do! I thank you for counting me as one of those. You made me all squishy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and on another note, I'm mad proud of you for what you are doing. You go, Sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWW Squishy!! Thanks for the support! You know what I'm dealing with and some days I am just ready to fight! I know people shouldn't change but I guess I'm discovering who my true friends are. I won't continue to put others well-being ahead of my own!

    ReplyDelete