Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Step One and Good Intentions

My psychological appointment is set for next Wednesday.  I'm really curious to see what they are looking for exactly.  I mean, can you tell in one visit if someone is nuts or not?  I'll post what happens when I go to see him.  His name is Dr. Jolly and I find that rather disturbing!  LOL

The 1800 calories is easier than I thought it would be.  My biggest problem is I'm actually eating around 1500-1600.  I'm eating constantly but I'm choosing better things so the calories are not there.  Keeping count of the calories has really made me aware of the emptiness I had been filling up on.  Now I wish I was near Madd Heather so I could check out that yoga class she has been raving about! :)  Instead, there is a class called "March Aerobics" that I've been interested in.  I have the DVD so I'm going to give it a shot and if I don't kill myself in the living room, I may actually give the class a try!

Have a wonderful and blessed day!!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are walking down the right path, girl. Let me know how that DVD is. I still have Leslie Sansone sitting around my house somewhere that I've yet to try. Bad Liz. Bad. Actually, I have this irrational fear that once I start pounding the hardwood, my husband's precious 52 inch plasma will come crashing to the floor from the vibrations. >.>

    I'm taking a page from your book and giving the higher calorie, move more thing a try myself. I'm also going to start making healthy choices more of the main focus as opposed to numbers on a scale. I figure that if we eat less of the bad stuff, more of the good and move, weight loss will be the end result anyway. Know what I mean? At least that's how I'm trying to look at it.

    Way to go girl. That thirty pounds will be gone before you know it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same eye opening experience when I started counting calories. It is amazing how easy it can be to get along at 1200-1500 calories (that is my target). Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely harder to reach your calorie goals when eating healthier - I know that! Thankfully, protein generally has pretty high calorie levels, and protein (lean) is always good. As a result, we go through a lot of eggs and meat in this house. LOL

    Keep going, chick. You're doing great. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Counting the calories has been a winner for me. Instead of saying I can't have, I'm seeing that I have to make choices. I'm slowly learning to make better choices because I want the most for my calories. It's like shopping and looking for the best deal for the buck!!!

    ReplyDelete