Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Versatile Blogger Award!!
I must say that this was a total surprise but I am so thrilled. Thanks goes out to Michelle at http://ruminationsasiuncoverthewomanwithin.blogspot.com/. I must say that we have a great deal in common and the more support on this journey, the better! Losing weight is one of the hardest things I've ever undertaken but the community I'm finding is really making this journey much easier!
Now here are the rules of this award:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.(see above!)
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs.
4. Let your nominees know about the award.
My seven things:
1. I am an accidental teacher. I didn't go to school to become an educator. I majored in Biology and avoided education as long as humanly possible. I enjoy the profession but not the politics.
2. I'm working on my Ed.D in Adminstrator Leadership. It's been a LONG time since I've been in school but I love the challenge and I've enjoyed making new friends.
3. I'm actually starting on my own original fiction. The idea of writing something that major really intimidates me! LOL I do love the story idea I have in my head though!!
4. I've be married for almost 11 years and we are looking at adoption in the near future.
5. I love the fall and football season. The fall because we get a break from this heat and football because it's football! GEAUX SAINTS!!!
6. If it wasn't for one of my friends, I wouldn't have started this blog. It has been a real eyeopener to me. I used to keep a journal all the time and I'm discovering by letting the emotions out, I'm not eating them!!
7. I have a weird sense of humor. I just don't know what makes me laugh! I love funny movies, corny jokes and silly stories. Maybe this is why my students and I get along fairly well, my brain is 16 sometimes!!
My 15 suggestions:
I won't go into much detail but I'll share the links and let you see for yourself the awesomeness!!
http://chroniclesofthechaotic.blogspot.com/ (My dear friend)
http://blackgirlsguidetoweightloss.com/ (You don't have to be black or a woman to enjoy this blog.)
Check them out and I hope you enjoy!