Friday, June 18, 2010

Clean Eating - Why Cooking Is The Thing To Do!

Several of the blogs I've looked at advocate clean eating. Now before you stress out and think clean eating means giving it all up, let me explain.

Clean eating is simply knowing what's in your food. The rationale makes sense because when we eat out (especially fast food!) and eat packaged food, we don't really have a clue what we are eating. How can we be healthy when we are putting unhealthy things in our bodies? The easiest way to solve this is by cooking your meals.

I know for many, cooking is a curse word! LOL I feel the same way! But I'm learning that it's better for my health (and wallet) to cook at home. This means fresh or frozen foods and fresh meats. Lucky for me, this time of year in Mississippi, the farmer's markets are exploding with wonderful fresh produce so it's easy and cheap. I'm actually learning how to can food so some of this summer goodness can be saved for winter!

Will cooking all the time be easy? No and I'm sure I'll be back on this topic again as I learn more. Consider Clean Eating and see could it be a change to make in your life.

1 comment:

  1. It's true. You just never know what you're putting into your mouth and body until you start looking at labels. Some of that stuff is enough to make you cringe. We have started buying frozen (because it's not always in the budget to buy fresh) as opposed to canned whenever we can. I'm not a big fan of cooking either, honestly. Brian has more patience for it than I do, but then again he's not watching what he eats. He tends to be big on starchy stuff, too, where I keep the starches down to just one (oh, and I'm talking dinner meals here). I don't know about you, but our problem with cooking meals at home has become boredom eating the same thing week after week. I'm sure many people face this problem after a while. As you know, I've been looking at meal planning sites. Have you given any thought to meal planning yourself?

    ReplyDelete